Thursday, April 12, 2007

Aren’t we supposed to learn from our mistakes?

I was talking to my mom this morning, after Graham got up from his nap, and happened to look down at my shirt. Oh no, did I really spill that much frappucino on my shirt, or surely it’s not Graham? I look down at Graham playing on the floor and notice the same color on the bottom of his pants leg, how would frappucino get down there? Ah reality sets in. “Mom, I’ll have to call you back.” Click. I take Graham to the changing table and pull off his pants…fling…there goes a few bits. I look over at his crib, no wonder he did not sleep very long. I clean Graham up, set him on the floor naked to await his bath; then I take off all his bedding and toys to be washed. I go to the laundry room to spray everything down…how can that much poop get outside one’s diaper? I head back to get Graham, and there he is happily playing in the hugest puddle of poop! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I sweep him up, straight to the bath, let him play in the water while I go clean up the huge mess off the carpet.

Some days all you can do is sit back and laugh at yourself. I find myself doing that more and more often.

One of these days I might learn that you only go diaperless in the backyard!

2 comments:

The Robertson Clan said...

I want more! I know those kids do more than poop on the floor! Haha!

Anonymous said...

I laughed. Katherine had a huge blowout the other day for the first time in a long time. It is pretty gross.