Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


Well I cooked, basted and baked my way through my first Thanksgiving meal to do all on my own. Quite frankly, it was delicious. At least I thought so. You know how in your mind you can get all caught up in your own cozy thoughts and ideas of how Thanksgiving should be; I certainly did. Somehow amidst those thoughts I forgot I had 2 toddlers! I was so irritated by the time I was ready to put the food on the table, that Paul took me aside and told me to lighten up. I tried. So we sit down to eat, neither son is interested in eating and Ethan is just making mush pot out of his plate! ERG!!! Lunch finally ended, and off to the park we went to run around and take a few pics - and a pit stop on the way to Starbucks. It was so COLD!

At dinner, of course we had left overs; I think the food went over much better that time - the boys were actually hungry! That made me feel a better. After dinner Paul suggested we all draw pictures together. We broke out the crafts and drew Christmas trees, which will proudly be hung this Christmas. That was the best part of the day together. I love my husband and my boys.



side note: if you took my christmas tree drawing and held it up to one i did in 4th grade...it would look EXACTLY the same.