Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Bible Verse

My precious Ethan. He is jammed packed with energy, and has the most tender heart of gold. No one said it was easy raising kids - but could it really be this hard at 3 1/2? Ethan definitely got his sensitive, tender spirit from his Daddy; that is what I love about both of them. However, I am finally realizing Ethan's currencies and love languages - they are sooooo not mine. A very good lesson for me on putting my selfishness and wants aside and putting Ethan first. All that to say his first memory verse was Ephesians 4:32, Be kind to one another. We repeat that ALOT! This week we will begin on Phillipians 2:14, Do everything without complaining or arguing. Isn't that tough? Can you guess what my memory verse is this week?
Phillipians 2:3-5
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. 5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the inspiration. Emma's verse this week is "put off your old self and put on the new one that is created to be like God in holiness.(paraphrased) Ephesians 4:22-24. Man i wish I could take off the old self a little bit more easily than it is to take off a poop stained shirt! (yes that was hilarious!) my verse has been (and i think it will always be) Phil. 4:4-7. I've gotta let go and let God have it and then guess what? HE GIVES ME PEACE!!!! I do what i'm supposed to do and instead of God saying "Yeah thanks for doing what I told you to do" He gives us the Peace that PASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING!!!! how awesome is that? it blows me away to realize that no matter how far away i go I still am a child of God and when I'm about to kill one of mine (just kidding) He loves me even more and gives me exactly what I need right then! Amazing!

Enough about me, how are you? HA!
Talk to you soon?
Hugs!
-jennifer :o)