Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Layers

Graham is napping and Ethan is playing quietly in his room. I go in there to check on him and he has on 4 pairs of underwear. So I peel off 2 layers, and he starts freaking out - I realize there are 4 strands of mardi gras beads in between the last 2 layers and he does not want them to fall out. I tell him no more underwear. "OK Mommy!" 10 minutes later, I see him peek his head into the study, and he creeps in to see me. He looks like he has 2 diapers on...oh wait, it's SEVEN pairs of underwear. Yes, 7 pairs. Five minutes later, he comes back with 8 pair on. Evidentially, he hurt himself while riding his bike last night, so I think he is wanting extra padding while riding his push truck in the house. I could hardly keep a straight face when I was asking him about it all. I love the imagination he has!

2 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

I am laughing out loud as I read about this. I especially wonder what he was thinking about the Mardi Gras beads. Too funny.

Rich and Jen said...

That is HILARIOUS! I somehow missed this post and Christy was telling me about it tonight at Bible Study. Too funny! :o)