Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Morning

What a wonderful age the boys are for this time of year. Celebrating Jesus' birth, lights, presents, cookies and more cookies.

Christmas morning Paul and I woke up to get everything turned on and ready. Then we waited and waited and waited. Finally a little after 8 we couldn't wait any longer. We went and woke them up, those days won't last long. They did the race down the hall to see what "santa" had brought them, unopened gifts. For about an hour I think they forgot there were even gifts under the tree. We eventually tore into those with paper and ribbon flying all about. I love watching their excitement over each gift and cherishing it...for about 10 seconds...then moving on. Paul and I almost forgot our gift to them, the fort he built. Outside we went, there was no putting their joy into words. Up and down the ramp they ran, with trucks of course.

I am so thankful and blessed for the boys that God intentionally placed in our care. They fill my heart with so much joy, love, and happiness.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: