Sunday, August 24, 2008

Indian Giver

That may not be the most PC title, but I grew up saying it and I'm stickin' to it!

A couple of months ago I told Alison she could borrow my glider, thinking I really would not be using it anymore. Right! Lately, Ethan and Graham have both been wanting to be rocked before bedtime. One night as I was rocking them I realized I would not be ready to give up the glider come October. The boys want me to rock them and there is no way I would miss that opportunity. Next came the sinking feeling that I would have to tell her I am an "indian giver." I told her and she was totally cool with that. Funny how we can build it up in our minds.

Every night before bedtime, and even naptime, Graham says "Roc roc mommy." Ethan comes and climbs in my lap too. We have books, sing songs, and say our prayers. I truly cherish these moments.

The second video clip Paul got Graham saying "Chicken Pot Pie," it's funny.


3 comments:

Ally said...

Tear jerker! What sweet sweet boys!!! I want to give them big hugs. I have definitely forgotten all of those songs, you are going to have to re-teach them to me so I can have Micah singing them when he's older (and can actually talk).

Anonymous said...

Most beautiful sound to my ears!
Meema

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura - maybe you could use the Seinfeld term...Re-Gifter :)